How to check your radiator fluid and add coolant - Chevrolet India. Maintaining the correct levels of radiator fluid helps protect your engine from stresses such as harsh temperatures. Here’s how to perform the routine maintenance yourself.
1. Turn off the engine and unlatch the hood, waiting a few minutes for it to cool down.
2. Locate the coolant surge tank.
3. The level of coolant should be between the minimum and maximum fill lines, visible from the outside of the tank.
4. Should you need to replenish the coolant, unscrew the pressure cap and fill using 1 part coolant to 1 part clean water. Be careful not to fill past the maximum fill line.
5. Resecure the pressure cap.
Connect with Chevrolet on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/chevroletindia/
Tags: How to check your radiator fluid and add coolant - Chevrolet India, engine coolant, how to videos, radiator fluid, maintenance, automotive